Thursday, January 11, 2018

Italy: Florence

With the actual honeymooners collected from the airport in Rome, we immediately set off for Florence by train!

Florence is one of my most absolute favorite cities in the world.
Home to my most favorite buildings in the world: The Duomo of Florence. Trust me when I tell you that I showed great restraint in the limited pictures of this incredible marvel of marble. I took hundreds of pictures of it, and love (and want to share, but didn't!) all of them!

Florence is filled with beautiful architecture and landscaping, incredible food, history and art, the nicest of people, and just feels warming.

My Duomo

The Duomo

The Duomo

The Duomo

Bribed away from the Duomo with the promise of delicious cuisine:

Dinner: More gnocchi

Dinner: Fresh pasta with artichoke and shaved parmesan c 

Now THIS is my type of wine bar

Charcuterie plate to enjoy with the wine...for breakfast. Winning at life right here!

Beautiful Duomo

Love at the Duomo




Galleria dell Accademia

Galleria dell Accademia

Galleria dell Accademia: David at a distance

Galleria dell Accademia

Galleria dell Accademia

Galleria dell Accademia: Statue of David

Galleria dell Accademia: Statue of David

Galleria dell Accademia

Amazing street artist from whom we bought some small pieces

Uffizi Gallery: The Birth of Venus






Of course we had to ensure to have a place to watch the Steelers game!